On January 30th, 2019 that the Greater Vancouver Home Builders’ Association (GVHBA) revealed their new name and brand identity – Homebuilders Association Vancouver (HAVAN).
The association has been around for 40+ years. It is a not-for-profit association made up of developers, builders, renovators, suppliers, sub trades and professionals. Averra Developments is one of their 1,100+ members.
HAVAN (pronounced “haven”) is affiliated with both the provincial CHBA BC and national CHBA offices. They proactively work with government, industry leaders and members to advocate for housing policies that are transparent, predictable and accountable.
One of HAVAN’s primary goals is to connect resources to consumers, while providing benefits to its professional members.
Averra finds it valuable to be a member of HAVAN and we are proud to be part of their collection of leaders in the residential construction industry.
BENEFITS TO CONSUMERS AND PROFESSIONALS IN OUR INDUSTRY INCLUDE:
TRAINING and EDUCATION
- Immediate access to any news and developments in our industry
- Ongoing industry education to keep up-to-date with ever changing industry standards.
- Active working relationships for policies to support the delivery of an efficient supply of housing in Metro Vancouver
- Building strong working relationships of knowledgeable, trusted and resourceful people that build the majority of homes in Vancouver.
- Providing a forum for homeowners and builders to have discussions, share ideas and explore new ways of improving the industry
- Creating dialog and awareness of best practices
- Opportunity to recognize high quality industry work with merit in new-home construction, renovation and design in Metro Vancouver through the Ovation Awards
We are excited to support this rebranding and hope this post helps raise awareness of the valuable work HAVAN does for Vancouver homeowners and our residential building community.